Import av egen bil

Spørsmål (og forhåpentligvis svar) knytta til bilimport.

Moderator: frkglad

gustuff
Medlem

Import av egen bil

Post by gustuff »

Hei!

As I do not write in Norwegian very well this post is in English. Men dere kan svare på norsk, fordi jeg burde være i stand til å forstå alt. :)

General questions:
On "Calculator for car import" page (https://www.skatteetaten.no/en/Person/c ... or-import/) there is a section "Alternative calculation method" with the following field "What was the original price of the vehicle (historic new price)?" to be filled in.
1. Is the value stated in the "Car prices - List price as new" (http://www.skatteetaten.no/en/Person/Ta ... ce-as-new/) to be used in above mentioned field?
2. Does an extra equipment influence the given "new price" value anyhow? If yes how should it be adjusted?

Own car import:
1. Assuming that I would like to import my own car, which I have for more than 3 years now, how VAT is calculated?
2. How does it change the registration schema at all?

Takk på forhånd!
Ole Reidar
Administrator

Re: Import av egen bil

Post by Ole Reidar »

Hi,

No problem to answer in English :)

1. When using the alternative method you use the numbers from the list from "Skatteetaten" for historic new price. But you also need to have a price list for used car price. This is available at the tax office (Skatteetaten) where you live. The used car list (also called Rødboka) also contains info regarding average milage.

2. No, extra equipment does not influence the equipment for the new car list. Only on the used car if it has automatic gear or other special packages or eqiupment (AWD as an example). Like Mercedes has Elegance and Avantgarde. It depends what car it is and what equipment is available in the price list.

Own car import:

1. Not sure about this one. I would assume Tollvesenet would make a calculation of the value of the car and then put VAT on that amount. You should check this with Tollvesenet directly! It would also be great if you post the answer you get on this board :)

2. I'm sorry if I misunderstood this question but I think you ask if importing your own car vs other cars would make any differance to the registration schema. The answer is no. The process for registration would be the same. The only difference is the calculation for VAT because you don't have a bill showing the actual value of the car.
Ole Reidar Dvergsdal
Admin

2022 Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4
x 2020 Audi E-Tron 55 S-line
x 2017 Tesla Model S 75D
x 2015 Tesla Model S 70D
x 2012 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro S-Tronic
gustuff
Medlem

Re: Import av egen bil

Post by gustuff »

Ole Reidar wrote: But you also need to have a price list for used car price.

Yes, that was clear to me.
Ole Reidar wrote: 2. No, extra equipment does not influence the equipment for the new car list.

... and that is what I do not like. The cost of base version is around 110k, but with my equipment it is more than 200k according to Rødboka (BTW, equipment prices are too high in my opinion, anyway...)
On the other hand "historic new price" is too low, so alternative method does not pay off at all (duties are higher than in regular method).
According to my "simulation" it would be great to have "historic new price" adjusted with a real cost of equipment (so 750k of base price + around 200k for non-standard equipment).
Ole Reidar wrote: 1. Not sure about this one. [...] It would also be great if you post the answer you get on this board :)

I am gonna do that for sure. I will keep you updated, it is a great forum, so it is definitely worth to contribute to community!
Ole Reidar wrote: 2. I'm sorry if I misunderstood this question...
No, you understood it totally correct. I was apparently not clear enough.

Thanks a lo!